thanks great looking covers
Unread 07-07-2010, 11:24
hŷn ond dim ddoethach

Thanked 12,734 Times in 353 Posts
no problem.
Unread 23-05-2011, 20:54
Super Moderator

Thanked 33,476 Times in 1,133 Posts
Whilst this set looks great and a lot of hard work went into it, there's a couple of points.

Series 1 - 6 are 2 disc's (1 for series + 1 for extra's)

Series 7 - 8 are 3 disc's (2 for series + 1 for extra's)

Series 9 is 2 disc's (1 for series + 1 for extra's)

So for the complete series set we are now looking at 11 disc's
and extra's 9 disc's, but there's not enough space on the covers to add the additional info :(
Unread 23-05-2011, 21:44
hŷn ond dim ddoethach

Hi fsurfer

These were made for myself but without the extras which I never look at (and in fact cannot even remember if I had them with extras. So as my collection goes, seasons 1 - 8 are 10 disks as you say. The numbers on the back are not disk numbers, they are seasons and I have never known of a season 9,unless it was that awful Channel 5 thing...which I will not buy.

The extras though I am sorry but I was asked to do these and I asked the guy who wanted them to send me all the information regarding the extras from which I then made a cover for him.

But as far as I can tell from your information (excluding season 9) which this set does not incorporate there should be 8 extras disks, the numbers on the back of the extras cover are disk numbers (as far as the information I was given but the person who wanted them). I followed his text document containing the extras and disk information to the letter when I made them.

As this was one of my earliest covers and I did not actually keep the extras disks I no longer have this information or the layers but if you see that I have the wrong information on disks one to eight please write out what should be there and send it to me and I will attempt a re-design (UK versions). If I do this perhaps I can find a way to add 'season' and 'disc' on the reverse to distinguish between the usage of the numbers.

I can only promise that I will try to do what you want (assuming there are errors) but as for adding season nine - sorry.

Last edited by Fejinwales; 23-05-2011 at 21:54.
Unread 24-05-2011, 10:49
Super Moderator

Hi, I think you worked really hard on these as there's hardly any decent artwork around. I have 2 set's of dvd's for the complete show - downloads (4.3gb single layers - 9 single cases no extra's) and the dvd releases (shop purchased - 1-6, 9 are 2 way's, 7-8 are 3 way's), series 9's cover is totally different than 1-8 as I have artwork on the spline that looks really good when racked - just looking for a way to include series 9.
Unread 24-05-2011, 12:37
hŷn ond dim ddoethach

Hi again, I remember now, I bought the Red Dwarf series as a complete box collection, no extras, "just the shows" it was called.

I have had a look for season nine and cannot find it but I am sure that if you give me the required information regarding episodes for the season I can re-design a cover especially for you based on the one here. It will have to be for a 12-way case though unless you want them split into two cases (in which case let me know what sizes and what disks go in each case).

I could also make a new cover to incorporate the season nine extras in the existing 10-way case.
Unread 25-05-2011, 01:52
Super Moderator

Hi, thanks but I don't really like cases larger than 6 way and I'm a serious fan of spline artwork, in this case spread over 9 covers.

But thanks for offering, it's artists like yourself that make Customaniacs such a superb site!

separator Similar Threads
Thread Uploader Forum Replies

Red Dwarf

MrHenryDog Title Treatment 0

Red Dwarf

MrHenryDog Title Treatment 0

V- Complete Collection

chunk71 TV-Show Custom Covers 11

Please Teacher Complete Collection

RW2112 TV-Show Custom Covers 2