How to Turn a Raw Scan into the Finished Product

Unread 15-07-2008, 15:48

Thanked 117,682 Times in 3,162 Posts

Okay - here's the biggie tutorial that everyone wants to see, in full technicolor no less.

This is a beginner's guide to templating a raw scan (after it's been straightened - see my other tutorial for that). I've tried to show as much as possible in as few pages as I can, but there are obviously going to be many more cases that you might come across where you are just going to have to extrapolate the techniques here into something you can use to get around a specific problem.

I'm intending to put one more tutorial together on cloning out marks and blemishes and that should basically provide the complete set needed to take a raw scan all the way through to the finished item.

Comments are welcome - if they are useful i'll even put them into V2 of this tutorial (i'm sure there will be one) or modify the existing content.

As usual, there's a PDF in the .rar ...

Note this is just one man's way of sorting a scan - I'm sure there are other ways that work just as well for other people!

Kampar
  The "Customaniacs.org" WATERMARK wil only be shown in the low-resolution preview and not in the high-resolution download!
  Download the high-resolution files here:

SizingaScanTutorial.rar (2.42 MB,  620 downloaders )
Show Replies

Last edited by Kampar; 15-07-2008 at 17:17.

separator Similar Threads
Thread Uploader Forum Replies

How To Marry A Millionaire

Donnie Scanned Covers 2

How To Marry A Millionaire

Donnie Scanned Thinpaks 0

How to Stuff a Wild Bikini

terryk Scanned Covers 1

How to Rob a Bank

razmikt Scanned Covers 11

How To Rob A Bank

slug Custom Labels 6