Synopsis Thread

Unread 26-09-2009, 16:12

Thanked 30,827 Times in 1,156 Posts

Gladiator

The General Who Became A Slave. The Slave Who Became A Gladiator. The Gladiator Who Defied An Empire.

Discover the unparalleled power and glory of Gladiator, a dazzling combination of vivid action and extraordinary storytelling that critics called a "stunning, explosive, breathtaking epic!" (Bill Diehl, ABC Radio Network) Masterfully directed by Ridley Scott (Alien, Blade Runner), Gladiator features a riveting performance from Academy Award-nominated star Russell Crowe, hailed by Newsweek as "a genuine larger-than-life hero!"

"I said PREPARE FOR GLORY b**ch!"

MrHenryDog on Playstation Network
Unread 26-09-2009, 16:13

X-Men

Witness the evolution of spectacular action and excitement in this dazzling "feast of fantasy" (San Francisco Chronicle) unlike anything you've ever seen before.

Born into a world filled with prejudice are children who possess extraordinary and dangerous powers -- the result of unique genetic mutations. Cyclops unleashes bolts of energy from his eyes. Storm can manipulate the weather at will. Rogue absorbs the life force of anyone she touches. But under the tutelage of Professor Xavier (Patrick Stewart), those and other outcasts learn to harness their powers for the good of mankind. Now they must protect those who fear them as the nefarious Magneto (Ian McKellen), who believes humans and mutants can never co-exist, unveils his sinister plan for the future!

Pulsing with state-of-the-art visual effects and unforgettable characters, X-Men "delivers it all!" (ABC-TV)

Unread 26-09-2009, 16:14

Braveheart

Every man dies, not every man really lives.

Mel Gibson stars on both sides of the camera, playing the lead role plus directing and producing this brawling, richly-detailed saga of fierce combat, tender love and the will to risk all that's precious for something more precious: freedom. In an emotionally charged performance, Gibson is William Wallace, a bold Scotsman who used the steel of his blade and the fire of his intellect to rally his countrymen to liberation. Filled with sword-clanging spectacle, Braveheart is a tumultuous tapestry of history come alive, "the most sumptuous and involving historical epic since Lawrence Of Arabia" (Rod Lurie, Los Angeles Magazine).

Unread 26-09-2009, 16:15

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

Every Saga Has A Beginning

This epic movie takes a journey back to the earliest days of the Star Wars legend. Witness the first historic meeting between young Anakin Skywalker and Ben "Obi-Wan" Kenobi, the young Jedi Knight who comes to be his mentor for a time. The film explores the beginning of the legend as the Empire begins to take shape amidst a galaxy in turmoil.

Begin your Star Wars DVD collection with Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace. Packed with over six hours of additional material, including exclusive documentaries and never-before-seen deleted scenes, this 2-disc set provides the perfect showcase for the incredible detail and breathtaking scope of George Lucas's first episode in the mythic Star Wars saga.

Unread 26-09-2009, 16:15

The Patriot

In the emotionally-charged adventure The Patriot, Academy Award®-winner Mel Gibson stars as Benjamin Martin, a reluctant hero who is swept into the American Revolution when the war reaches his home and threatens his family.

A hero of the fierce French and Indian conflict, Martin had renounced fighting forever to raise his family in peace. But when the British arrive at his South Carolina home and endanger what he holds most dear, Martin takes up arms alongside his idealistic patriot son, Gabriel (Heath Ledger of 10 Things I Hate About You), and leads a brave rebel Militia into the battle against a relentless and overwhelming English army. In the process, he discovers the only way to protect his family is to fight for a young nation's freedom.

Unread 26-09-2009, 16:16

Starship Troopers

The Only Good Bug Is A Dead Bug.

From the bridge of the Fleet Battlestation Ticonderoga, with its sweeping galactic views, to the desolate terrain of planet Klendathu, teeming with shrieking, fire-spitting, brain-sucking special effect creatures, acclaimed director, Paul Verhoeven crafts a dazzling epic based on Robert A. Heinlein's classic sci-fi adventure. Casper Van Dien, Dina Meyer, Denise Richards, Jake Busey, Neil Patrick Harris, Patrick Muldoon and Michael Ironside star as the courageous soldiers who travel the distant and desolate Klendathu system for the ultimate showdown between the species.

Unread 26-09-2009, 16:17

Shrek

You've never met a hero quite like Shrek, the endearing ogre who sparked a motion picture phenomenon and captured the world's imagination with...the Greatest Fairy Tale Never Told! The critics are calling Shrek "not just a brilliant animated feature, but a superb film on any level" (Larry King, USA Today).

Relive every moment of Shrek's (Mike Myers) daring quest to rescue feisty Princess Fiona (Cameron Diaz) with the help of his loveable loudmouthed Donkey (Eddie Murphy) and win back the deed to his beloved swamp from scheming Lord Farquaad (John Lithgow). Enchantingly irreverent and "monstrously clever" (Leah Rozen, People Magazine), Shrek is ogre-sized adventure you'll want to see again and again!

Unread 26-09-2009, 16:19

Mission Impossible 2

The world's greatest spy returns in the movie event of the year, M:I-2. Top action director John Woo brings his own brand of excitement to the mission that finds Ethan Hunt (Tom Cruise) partnering up with the beautiful Nyah Hall (Thandie Newton) to stop renegade agent Sean Ambrose (Dougray Scott) from releasing a new kind of terror on an unsuspecting world. But before the mission is complete, they'll traverse the globe and have to choose between everything they love and everything they believe in.

Unread 26-09-2009, 16:19

Star Wars Episode II: Attack Of The Clones

The Star Wars saga continues on DVD with Episode II Attack of the Clones. Anakin Skywalker has grown into an accomplished Jedi apprentice, and he faces his most difficult challenge yet as he must choose between his Jedi duty and forbidden love. Relive the adventure the way it was meant to be seen in spectacular digital clarity, including the climactic Clone War battle and Jedi Master Yoda in the ultimate lightsaber duel. Experience this 2 disc set that features over six hours of bonus materials, and see how Episode II unlocks the secrets of the entire Star Wars saga.

Unread 26-09-2009, 16:20

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

"One Of The Greatest Movies Ever Made!" -Joel Siegel, Good Morning America

Two master warriors (Chow Yun Fat and Michelle Yeoh) are faced with their greatest challenge when the treasured Green Destiny sword is stolen. A young aristocrat (Zhang Ziyi) prepares for an arranged marriage, but soon reveals her superior fighting talents and her deeply romantic past. As each warrior battles for justice, they come face to face with their worst enemy - and the inescapable, enduring power of love.

Set against 19th Century China's breathtaking landscape, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is the action-packed, box office smash from acclaimed director Ang Lee (Sense and Sensibility, The Ice Storm) featuring stunning martial arts choreography by Yuen Wo Ping (The Matrix).