Synopsis Thread

Unread 02-12-2012, 02:23
Chatterbox Christian

Thanked 3,764 Times in 182 Posts

The Santa Clause 3 (2006)

The third time's the charm in the newest chapter of the successful Christmas franchise. When Scott Calvin (Tim Allen) is tricked by the envious Jack Frost (Martin Short) into activating the "escape clause", he finds himself trapped in a horrible alternate timeline, where the North Pole has become a greedy tourist trap. Scott's own family want nothing to do with him, and Christmas has become a twisted mockery of its true past. Somehow, Scott must find out how to reclaim his mantle as Santa, and set things right.

PLEASE DO NOT ALTER OR REDISTRIBUTE MY WORK IN ANY WAY, WITHOUT MY PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT. THANK YOU.
Unread 02-12-2012, 17:06
Chatterbox Christian

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)

"It began with the forging of the great Rings..."

So begins the tale of Middle-Earth, and the war of its free people against the dark lord Sauron. When a Hobbit named Frodo receives a gold ring from his uncle, he has no idea of the terrible power it is connected to. Aided by the wizard Gandalf and several companions, Frodo decides to destroy the treacherous object where it was made, in the fires of the volcanic Mount Doom. But the forces of darkness are not easily swayed, and so an epic quest is born, that will test the fates of all involved.

PLEASE DO NOT ALTER OR REDISTRIBUTE MY WORK IN ANY WAY, WITHOUT MY PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT. THANK YOU.
Unread 02-12-2012, 17:06
Chatterbox Christian

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002)

"My precious..."

Frodo and his friend Sam have split from the rest of the Fellowship, headed for the land of Mordor alone...but its not long before they encounter the creature Gollum, whose conflicted personality is only outdone by his desperation to reclaim the One Ring. Meanwhile, the dark wizard Saruman tightens his grip on the kingdom of Rohan, poisoning the mind of the aging King Theoden. Merry and Pippin find solace the forests of Fangorn, while Aragorn prepares to defend his brethren at the Fortress of Helm's Deep.

Unread 02-12-2012, 17:07
Chatterbox Christian

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003)

"Let us be rid of it, once and for all!"

Having suffered a notable defeat at Helm's Deep, Sauron unleashes his fury at Minas Tirith, the "city of kings" and home of all noble Men. Gollum's vengeful side re-emerges, driving him to take back the One Ring by any means necessary. Gandalf is faced with the growing madness of the despairing Lord Denethor, while Elrond finally convinces Aragorn to embrace his calling. Mustering what little forces they have left, the people of Middle-Earth march on the Black Gate of Mordor, to draw Sauron's gaze long enough for Frodo to finish his destiny.

Unread 04-12-2012, 14:47
Chatterbox Christian

Dr. Seuss' "How the Grinch Stole Christmas!" (2000)

Dr. Seuss' classic story comes alive as never before, in this creative retelling from director Ron Howard.

Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year for many, but no one loves it more than the town of Who-ville. Every hour before Santa's big trip is another reason for celebration, and there's hardly a Who that would think otherwise. One such soul is little Cindy Lou, who doubts her own faith in the annual traditions. But she finds a twisted sort of friend in the Grinch, known to the whole town for his outright hatred of Christmas.

Unread 02-01-2013, 20:27

Thanked 30,830 Times in 1,156 Posts

CZ12 - Chinese Zodiac

In the 19th century 12 statues heads representing the Chinese Zodiac were stolen from the Summer Palace. Long thought to be lost they start turning up for auction. The Chinese government want them returned, but wealthy antiques collector Lawrence Morgan (Oliver Platt) is desperate to get his hands on the remaining heads and hires renowned treasure hunter JC (Jackie Chan) and his team to retrieve them. So begins a series of misadventures as this unlikely collection of international art thieves, bumbling aristocrats and indignant Chinese officials search for the remaining heads.

"I said PREPARE FOR GLORY b**ch!"

MrHenryDog on Playstation Network
Unread 13-01-2013, 15:21

Thanked 17,292 Times in 545 Posts

Rango (2011)

Get ready to tango with Rango, a winner with critics and audiences that's "like nothing you've ever seen before" (Peter Travers, Rolling Stone). Johnny Depp is spectacular as Rango, a kooky pet chameleon who gets tossed into a wild and raucous town in desperate need of a hero. Refreshingly original with eye-popping animation, Rango is "loads of fun and genuinely funny" (Betsy Sharkey, Los Angeles Times).
Unread 13-01-2013, 15:22

Taken 2 (2012)

First they took his daughter, now they are comingifor him.

Liam Neeson returns as Bryan Mills, the ex-CIA operative who stopped at nothing to rescue his daughter from sadistic kidnappers. When the father of one of the kidnappers swears revenge, it is Bryan and his wife who find themselves "taken" hostage in Istanbul. To survive, Bryan must enlist the help of an unlikely ally and use his brutally efficient skills to take out his heavily-armed foes one by one.
Unread 13-01-2013, 15:23

Compliance (2012)

How far would you go?

Inspired by true events, Compliance tells the chilling story of just how far one might go to obey a figure of authority. On a particularly busy day at a suburban Ohio fast food joint, high-strung manager Sandra (Ann Dowd) receives a phone call from a police officer saying that an employee, a pretty young blonde named Becky (Dreama Walker), has stolen money from a customer. Convinced she's only doing what's right, Sandra commences the investigation, following step-by-step instructions from the officer at the other end of the line, no matter how invasive they become.
Unread 01-02-2013, 08:39

Thanked 30,830 Times in 1,156 Posts

Bullet to the Head 2013

James Bonomo (Stallone)is a New Orleans hitman who teams with a New York City detective Taylor Kwon (Sung Kang) in a high-stakes investigation that leads from the dingy back alleys of New Orleans all the way to the power corridors of Washington, D.C. The unlikely duo, brought together by two vicious murders, take on all who stand in their way, and are willing to sacrifice everything to exact revenge.

"I said PREPARE FOR GLORY b**ch!"

MrHenryDog on Playstation Network