Synopsis Thread

Unread 16-08-2010, 17:47

Thanked 30,828 Times in 1,156 Posts

The Conversation (1974)

Francis Ford Coppola's provoking mystery-thriller stars Gene Hackman as Harry Caul, an expert surveillance man. A routine wiretapping job turns into a nightmare when Harry hears something disturbing in his recording of a young couple in a park. His investigation of the tape and how it might be used sends Harry spiraling into a web of secrecy, murder and paranoia. Set against the backdrop of San Francisco, The Conversation is a harrowing psychological thriller that costars Cindy Williams, Frederic Forrest and Harrison Ford and symbolizes the uneasy line where technology and privacy cross.

"I said PREPARE FOR GLORY b**ch!"

MrHenryDog on Playstation Network
Unread 16-08-2010, 18:08

Cougar Town Season one

Here's your chance to bring home the hottest single mom in town! Golden Globe nominee Courtney Cox (Friends) stars in the hilariously sexy hit comedy Cougar Town: The Complete First Season. After Spending the last seventeen years as a wife and a mother, recently divorced Jules (Cox) has reluctantly waded back into the dating pool and quickly finds herself in over her head. Now forty-something and single, Jules tackles real-life issues - dating, parenting and friendship. It doesn't help Jules that her two best friends can hardly stand each other, her ex-husband is hanging around more now than he did during their marriage...and there's that handsome divorced neighbor that Jules can't quite get out of her head.

Unread 16-08-2010, 18:09

The Karate Kid (2010)

12-year-old Dre Parker (Jaden Smith) could've been the most popular kid in Detroit, but his mother's (Taraji P. Henson) latest career move has landed him in China. Dre immediately falls for his classmate Mei Ying - and the feeling is mutual - but cultural differences make such a friendship impossible. Even worse, Dre's feelings make an enemy of the class bully, Cheng. In the land of kung fu, Dre knows only a little karate, and Cheng puts "the karate kid" on the floor with ease. With no friends in a strange land, Dre has nowhere to turn but maintenance man Mr. Han (Jackie Chan), who is secretly a master of kung fu. As Han teaches Dre that kung fu is not about punches and parries, but maturity and calm, Dre realizes that facing down the bullies will be the fight of his life.

Unread 16-08-2010, 18:10

Splice

Superstar genetic engineers Clive (Adrien Brody) and Elsa (Sarah Polley) specialize in splicing DNA from different animals to create incredible new hybrid that could revolutionize science and medicine. But when the pharmaceutical company that funds their research forbids it, they secretively take their experiment underground - risking their careers to push the boundaries of science and serve their own curiosity and ambition. The result is Dren, who exceeds their wildest dreams - and threatens to become their worst nightmare.

Unread 16-08-2010, 18:11

The Last Song

Miley Cyrus shines as the star of this heartwarming coming-of-age movie that will strike your emotional chords. Based on the novel by Nicholas Sparks (Dear John, The Notebook), The Last Song follows Ronnie (Cyrus) and her estranged father as he tries to restore the loving relationship they once had. But reconnecting with his rebellious daughter isn't easy, so he chooses the one thing they still have in common -- music. Complete with not-to-be missed bonus features - the Miley Cyrus music video "When I Look At You," exclusive interviews with the actress and more - this uplifting and touching drama about family, first loves and second chances is a heartfelt story you won't soon forget.

Unread 20-08-2010, 18:02
Resident

Thanked 74,280 Times in 1,257 Posts

Heroes S1

Discover the phenomenon that is sweeping audiences everywhere as Heroes: Season 1 comes to DVD! Experience the suspense, mystery, and electrifying twists as this astonishing series follows seemingly unconnected, ordinary people around the globe who discover they have extraordinary powers. As they come to terms with their unique abilities, their risky decisions will affect the futures of everyone around them ... and the world. Join their epic journey in this seven-disc set packed with hours of fascinating and revealing bonus features, including the never-before-aired series premiere from show creator Tim Kring.
Unread 20-08-2010, 18:06
Resident

Heroes S2

Rejoin the epic and suspenseful phenomenon as Heroes: Season 2 arrives on DVD! Experience all the new and exciting twists of the astonishing series in this 4-disc set that includes every gripping Season 2 episode. Plus, see what could have been with exclusive bonus features that reveal the untold stories that never aired and an alternate ending to the season finale, where the fate of humanity takes an ominous turn when Peter fails to catch the vial containing the deadly virus.
Unread 20-08-2010, 18:10
Resident

Heroes - S3

Experience all the explosive action and shocking twists as Heroes: Season 3 comes to DVD! Rediscover the phenomenon in this six-disc set that includes all 25 suspenseful episodes from the third season's volumes, Villains and Fugitives. Plus, go behind the scenes with the show's writers, stars and artists as you explore hours of exclusive and revealing bonus features.
Unread 20-08-2010, 18:15
Resident

Heroes - S4

Experience all the intrigue and suspense of Heroes: Season 4 in this 5-disc set that includes all 18 gripping episodes from the fourth season's volume, Redemption. As the heroes mourn fallen friends and face dangerous new foes, prepare for a wild ride - filled with shocking twists and turns - through an ominous funhouse that culminates in a Brave New World. Then step right up and explore hours of exclusive, behind-the-curtain magic with the show's writers, stars and artists.
Unread 22-08-2010, 22:06

Dorian Gray

When Dorian Gray arrives in London he immediately falls under the influence of Lord Henry Wotton, leading to a life of increasing debauchery. Dorian soon trades his soul for eternal youth and as his lust for pleasure grows, he resorts to murder to protect his secret.