Synopsis Thread

Unread 26-09-2009, 15:42

Thanked 30,827 Times in 1,156 Posts

Forrest Gump

Forrest Gump is the movie triumph that became a phenomenon. Tom Hanks gives an astonishing performance as Forrest, an everyman whose simple innocence comes to embody a generation. The winner of six Academy Awards®, including Best Picture, Best Director (Robert Zemeckis) and Best Actor (Tom Hanks).

"I said PREPARE FOR GLORY b**ch!"

MrHenryDog on Playstation Network
Unread 26-09-2009, 15:43

Observe And Report

Bargain hunters at Forest Ridge Mall get more than they bargained for: a chubby flasher in a ratty bathrobe. They're repulsed. Security guard Ronnie Barnhardt isn't: "This disgusting pervert is the best thing that ever happened to me!" Catching the flasher may be his ticket to a real police job and to romance with a hot cosmetics-counter princess. Only one thing stands between Ronnie and destiny: a tall, handsome cop who actually knows what he's doing. Seth Rogen (Knocked Up), Anna Faris (the Scary Movie series) and Ray Liotta (GoodFellas) star in this mall-to-wall comedy covering acres of wild, sometimes raunchy, up-in-your-grill funny - all under one roof.

Unread 26-09-2009, 15:44

Defiance

Daniel Craig (James Bond: The Quantum of Solace) stars as Tuvia Bielski, an ordinary citizen turned hero, in this action-packed epic of family, honor, vengeance and salvation. Defiance is a riveting adventure that showcases the extraordinary true story of the Bielski brothers, simple farmers - outnumbered and outgunned - who turned a group of war refugees into powerful freedom fighters. Tuvia, along with his unyielding brother, Zus (Liev Schreiber, X-Men Origins: Wolverine), motivate hundreds of civilians to join their ranks against the Nazi regime. Their "Inspirational story" (David Densby, The New Yorker) is a true testament to the human spirit.

Unread 26-09-2009, 15:45

Army of Darkness

All primitive screwheads, listen up! Cult superstar Bruce Campbell (Evil Dead) reunites with director Sam Raimi (Drag Me to Hell, Spider-Man) to battle the deadly forces of evil in Army of Darkness - the outrageous, effects-fueled action epic that will make you scream with fear and laughter.

Forced to lead a makeshift Dark Ages army against the demonic Deadites, who possess all the deadly magic of hell, the shotgun-toting, chainsaw-armed, reluctant 20th century time traveler Ash (Campbell) must save the living from the dead, rescue his medieval girlfriend and get back to his own time.

Unread 26-09-2009, 15:46

The Last Starfighter

Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Kodan Armada."

So begins an adventure of galactic proportions in The Last Starfighter. After Earthling Alex (Lance Guest) conquers the Starfighter video game, he is recruited by alien Centauri (Robert Preston) to be part of an elite legion of fighters. Leaving behind his trailer park home for the outer regions of space, Alex becomes the last hope for the beleaguered Star League and hundreds of worlds - including Earth.

Unread 26-09-2009, 15:47

The Shawshank Redemption

Few movies capture the triumph of the human spirit as memorably as The Shawshank Redemption. Morgan Freeman and Tim Robbins star in this powerful nominee for seven Academy Awards (including Best Picture) based on a Stephen King story.

Freeman plays "Red" Redding, a lifer who knows the ropes at Maine's Shawshank State Prison. Robbins is new inmate Andy Dufresne, a quiet banker unjustly convicted of murder. Andy's indomitable will earns Red's friendship; his resourcefulness brings hope and change to the entire prison. Andy is full of surprises - and he saves his best for last. Written and directed by Frank Darabont (the Green Mile), The Shawshank Redemption is an "engrossing, superbly acted yarn" (Tom Charity, Time Out Film Guide).

Unread 26-09-2009, 15:49

Monsters Vs. Aliens

The world's most unlikely heroes are on a mission to save Earth in DreamWorks Animation's Monsters Vs. Aliens -- "the year's funniest comedy" (Pete Hammond, Hollywood.com. Ginormica, Dr. Cockroach Ph.D., The Missing Link, Insectosaurous and B.O.B. join forces to fight back when aliens attack. With an all-star cast and amazing animation, this ginormous adventure is "a monstrously good time for all!" (Bill Bregoli, CBS).

Unread 26-09-2009, 15:49

Night At The Museum 2: Battle Of The Smithsonian

Ben Stiller leads an all-star cast (including Amy Adams, Owen Wilson, Hank Azaria and Robin Williams) as Larry Daley, a former night watchman at the Museum of Natural History, where the exhibits come to life after dark. But now Larry's nocturnal friends are being retired to the archives of the Smithsonian Institution, luring him back for a hilarious, all-out battle against museum misfits who plan to take over the Smithsonian...and the world!

Unread 26-09-2009, 15:50

Orphan

Tragedy seems to follow nine-year-old Esther. She was orphaned in her native Russia. Her last adoptive family perished in a fire Esther barely escaped. But now the Coleman family has adopted her, and life is good. Until a classmate takes a serious fall from a slide. Until an orphanage nun is battered to death. And until Esther's new mom wonders if that tragic fire was an accident. From Dark Castle Productions comes Orphan, bringing stunning new twists to the psychological thriller and locking audiences in a tightening vise of mystery, suspicion and terror. You'll never forget Esther. So sweet. So intelligent. So creative. So disturbed.

Unread 26-09-2009, 15:51

Stepfather II

Tonight, daddy's coming home to slice up more than just the cake... After a daring escape from a psychiatric hospital, the Stepfather (Terry O'Quinn) assumes a new identity and sets out in search of a new family to marry into...and kill! He finds the perfect victims: attractive and recently divorced Carol Greyland (Meg Foster) and her son Todd (Jonathan Brandis). Posing as a caring family therapist named Gene, he appears to be the ideal second husband and father for these two lonely people. But Carol's best friend Matty (Caroline Williams) suspects that Gene is too good to be true.