Magnifying Glass Effect

Unread 25-05-2009, 18:44

Thanked 117,654 Times in 3,160 Posts

Magnifying Glass Effect

Here's a PSD file containing an extracted Magnifying Glass, a glass effect layer and a template for the interior of the glass. I used this on the back of my Moonlighting covers and figured it might come in handy for someone else.

Basically, you load the image you want to 'magnify' into the background layer. Then make a selection based on the area in the 'template' layer. Then, use the Photoshop filter "Distort / Spherize" with a setting somewhere around 50 - 60% to create the 'fisheye' effect. The Glass layer gives it a slightly more realistic effect, but you can experiment with different glass treatments of course.

Note: do not extract the circular selection from your image before applying the filter: apply the filter to the selection you have made on the Image layer, not on a separate layer of the cut out area only. Hope this makes sense - any problems add a post here or PM me.
Magnifying Glass Effect
  The "Customaniacs.org" WATERMARK wil only be shown in the low-resolution preview and not in the high-resolution download!
  Download the high-resolution files here:

Magnifying Glass Effect.rar (1.50 MB,  27 downloaders )
Show Replies

separator Similar Threads
Thread Uploader Forum Replies

The Glass House

HvB Custom Labels 0

Glass Trap

Evilmonkey DSK3 Scanned Covers 0

Varied Glass Styles

psycodelic Other resources 3

Shattered Glass Brushes

psycodelic Brushes 2

Glass Effect PSD