DVD Covers & Labels by Customaniacs

DVD Covers & Labels by Customaniacs (https://www.customaniacs.org/forum/)
-   Competition (https://www.customaniacs.org/forum/competition/)
-   -   February 2012 Competition Part 1 (https://www.customaniacs.org/forum/competition/159677-february-2012-competition-part-1-a.html)

mg1958 16-02-2012 22:37

All great! Would love to be able to do half as good, but like Journey 2 best as the dvd label is totally different than the case. GREAT JOB

bpmford 17-02-2012 00:53

To be honest, I think the seemingly huge bias towards the first entrant might be the result of forcing every member to vote before they can access the site.

Many members who just don't care about these sort of things will do whatever to get back to what they want to do, so they just hit 'vote' on the first one and go back.

I think no matter what cover ended up in the first slot would win this comp.

Just MHO!

medfam0216 17-02-2012 01:25

medfam0216

out of all i like top gun the best

sullyland 17-02-2012 03:37

F***! Some REALLY great work! Yea, Secretary is for sure the #1 "eye" catcher...

Dig the concepts for Jaws & J. Edgar...

Dune really "captures the essence" of the movie...

But I really had to go with My Fair Lady. Not my kind of flick at all, but the cover "gets" it & gets it ALL right...

zsulboy 17-02-2012 10:23

Good job all!
But not the best leads, unfortunately.

Nightrider 17-02-2012 13:45

I ended up going for Jaws, a ton of work, really well done by the looks of it, it was a tough choice though

titsmgee 17-02-2012 18:07

Jaws and J. Edgar both are both made exceptionally well, was hard for me to choose between the two. Good job everybody else

Lmchu 17-02-2012 18:10

They are all great, although secretary does stand out, Hmmmmmmm

flyers2thecup 17-02-2012 22:12

great work everyone. as i always do...i scroll through pretty quicky...and if there are a few that catch my eye...make me go back and look...then i narrow it to them. I really kept coming back to one...The Last Samurai, which got my vote. Jaws and J Edgar were the other two that I really liked.

To respond to the post that thought maybe dark knight was winning due to being first on list...I really don't think that's the case. I don't recall too many competitions having winners from the first slot. I do think some people are more apt to vote for a movie they like. For instance, if there was a breaking dawn cover in here, I don't think Morph would have been able to vote for anything else. Just saying.

valen_sinclair 17-02-2012 22:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyers2thecup (Post 473634)
great work everyone. as i always do...i scroll through pretty quicky...and if there are a few that catch my eye...make me go back and look...then i narrow it to them. I really kept coming back to one...The Last Samurai, which got my vote. Jaws and J Edgar were the other two that I really liked.

To respond to the post that thought maybe dark knight was winning due to being first on list...I really don't think that's the case. I don't recall too many competitions having winners from the first slot. I do think some people are more apt to vote for a movie they like. For instance, if there was a breaking dawn cover in here, I don't think Morph would have been able to vote for anything else. Just saying.

:ha:ha:ha:ha