DVD Covers & Labels by Customaniacs

DVD Covers & Labels by Customaniacs (https://www.customaniacs.org/forum/)
-   Competition (https://www.customaniacs.org/forum/competition/)
-   -   February 2012 Competition Part 1 (https://www.customaniacs.org/forum/competition/159677-february-2012-competition-part-1-a.html)

jaffa_36 18-02-2012 08:46

Batman

They are all great work

MrHenryDog 18-02-2012 13:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by bpmford (Post 473330)
To be honest, I think the seemingly huge bias towards the first entrant might be the result of forcing every member to vote before they can access the site.

Many members who just don't care about these sort of things will do whatever to get back to what they want to do, so they just hit 'vote' on the first one and go back.

I think no matter what cover ended up in the first slot would win this comp.

Just MHO!

the vote is not forced Brad, just the viewing - you can view the thread then do what ever, but sadly people vote for the movie they want to see and not necessarily the best design...its always been the case. If The Dark Knight Rises was last on the list it would still win hands down

bpmford 18-02-2012 18:47

Sorry MHD :) but if the forced part is to view the thread before moving on... then the vast majority will vote any way because they think they have to in order to be able to go back to what they were doing. I only say that because there are already 2500+ votes, which is crazy high for a comp, and the most I have ever seen. Even comps where every member is sent a PM only tend to get 400ish votes, and that's because those that vote have to make an effort to check their PMs, then navigate to the proper area.

I agree that picking a favourite movie does factor in heavily, but in this case I feel that the first entrant is getting extra votes as well.

Maybe with part two of the comp, put two movies first and second that aren't big blockbuster hits or highly anticipated movies.

bpmford 18-02-2012 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyers2thecup (Post 473634)
great work everyone. as i always do...i scroll through pretty quicky...and if there are a few that catch my eye...make me go back and look...then i narrow it to them. I really kept coming back to one...The Last Samurai, which got my vote. Jaws and J Edgar were the other two that I really liked.

To respond to the post that thought maybe dark knight was winning due to being first on list...I really don't think that's the case. I don't recall too many competitions having winners from the first slot. I do think some people are more apt to vote for a movie they like. For instance, if there was a breaking dawn cover in here, I don't think Morph would have been able to vote for anything else. Just saying.

I think the combination of the film being DKR and it's placing is playing a double role. I have seen first entrants get more votes before, but never had such a highly anticipated movie be first, so both are factoring IMO.

The only reason I say this with conviction is that the second most votes are going to the second cover. And I have to say that Journey 2 isn't nearly as popular as DKR!

swiftprods 18-02-2012 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by yindar (Post 472973)
Oh yea make this an easy decision why don't ya?

Gonna need some time to think on this one. They are all AMAZING!

My thoughts exactly. I see at least 5 that I REALY LIKE. Thanks for making my decision so easy lol. :uh

CARMAN 18-02-2012 23:33

its good

smogmok 19-02-2012 12:46

all are great. cant choose one

frogster 19-02-2012 20:12

good standard