View Single Post
Unread 21-12-2008, 20:19

Thanked 117,737 Times in 3,163 Posts
Hmmm. Good question.

I looked at my template in PS and the dimensions are 132.5 x 241.47, so that's different to both dimensions above - i.e. for either tray.

I think we can probably assume that in both cases the disc is centered laterally in the tray, the question is what about the 'vertical' spacing?

So I guess you're going to have to bite the bullet and run a few to test - you'll likely have some failures but hopefully these will be at a minimum.

Maybe one way to test without screwing too many blanks is to put a very thin circle at the edge of the label, and a similar thin circle around the center hole so that they are both just visible when in the template. Print the label - then if they are off, change the colour of the circles, rotate the label in the tray (don't do this normally, it scratches the disc surface) and try again. Maybe you can use one disc 3 or 4 times like this to test the settings.

Depending upon how far out you are, nudge the label in the template up or down. Only when you think you have it right should you move the guide to the centre of the disc image and save.

If you do make a big mistake (usually for me its forgetting to set the tray type and leaving at A4, or having just printed a cover I go to print the label and it's in landscape not portrait) the tray tends to get covered in ink. I find washing it in warm water under a running tap and then drying with paper towelling works fine. I also find after printing a bunch of labels that the very edge of the disc area gets a little inky - again water will fix this.

Oh - and don't forget to always make sure the centre hole layer is turned on when you print - otherwise you get ink all over the hub which looks a complete mess.

Good luck

Kampar