DVD Covers & Labels by Customaniacs

DVD Covers & Labels by Customaniacs (https://www.customaniacs.org/forum/)
-   TV-Show Scanned Labels (https://www.customaniacs.org/forum/tv-show-scanned-labels/)
-   -   Life On Mars (https://www.customaniacs.org/forum/tv-show-scanned-labels/26919-life-mars.html)

HelloShaun 02-10-2007 12:02

Life On Mars

14 Attachment(s)
These are almost completely rebuilt and a hell of a lot of cloning was enjoyed (not) in doing these.

This is the complete set - seasons 1 & 2.

pcaddictt 02-10-2007 20:44

great work - really appreciated thank you

HelloShaun 02-10-2007 22:07

Glad you appreciate them.

ukphil53 12-11-2007 00:19

Thanks, very much appreciated

gomper 28-02-2008 16:50

I'm no expert but the cloning you have done isn't very good. Just downloaded disc 1 and 2 from series 2 and its poor (between the Mars text and the heads). You can see on the previews what I mean. No offence intended.

HelloShaun 28-02-2008 17:04

Thats because that area won't get printed so no need to be too fussy there.

gomper 28-02-2008 19:34

I've just put your disc 2, series 2 label onto a dvd label template I downloaded from here and alot of the the poor cloning is still visible. That would definately be present on a print out. This is just my observation but I thought anything uploaded here had to be near perfection. These labels are at the standard that was being uploaded to Generetic in its latter days. Like I say, don't take it personally but I don't think these labels are good enough to be on this site, according to the rules set out. Thanks for your reply by the way and like I say this is constructive critisism :thu

purpleorc 06-05-2009 11:36

Thanks for the hard work in rebuilding these labels and for taking the time to share them :thu

HelloShaun 12-04-2010 13:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by gomper (Post 85763)
I've just put your disc 2, series 2 label onto a dvd label template I downloaded from here and alot of the the poor cloning is still visible. That would definately be present on a print out. This is just my observation but I thought anything uploaded here had to be near perfection. These labels are at the standard that was being uploaded to Generetic in its latter days. Like I say, don't take it personally but I don't think these labels are good enough to be on this site, according to the rules set out. Thanks for your reply by the way and like I say this is constructive critisism :thu

Long time past but thought I'd reply as I stumbled on this again.

Unfortunately it's a dig at my work so I do take it personally, I know how much time I spent on those and the problem is the lack of reference points as clone sources due the changing gradients coupled with where the original print goes over the clear area near the hub, the scanner sees this different to the rest and creates a lighter ring around the centre which also has to be cloned over.

As you mention Gen you may well recall that HvB and I were the primary instigators of raising the issue about falling standards and after almost a year of trying to get i0n to take action we got banned, we along with CR started this site. Bottom line is that we have stayed true to our standards for quality and protecting the work of those that upload here.

Those labels were printed out before upping to site and nothing shows on the print apart from a faint blend edge line of about 4mm length, and that is only because I know what to look for, cursory inspections would not spot it.