High-Rez Brush Tutorial

Unread 12-07-2007, 20:06
kylumi

High-Rez Brush Tutorial

I made this tut using CS2, although it should work in CS3.

1) First off my fellow cover fiends you must prepare your file so GO..................file > new file and adjust the settings like so (see, fig:1..............then just follow the figs).

2) Select the image that you wish to convert to an ABR then paste it into your newly created file.

3) Now here is the fun bit, all the settings you require are in the IMAGE > ADJUSTMENTS drop down menu. Remember you are working with BLACK on WHITE............so the more white you get the more BACKGROUND you will see through your brush application and the more black you get the less you will see............plus, because we are in GRAYSCALE your image will produce degrees of opacity through shades of grey ......................you enjoying it so far!.................
......cool...............heheheheheh.

4) So using the following adjust away until your hearts content....
a) LEVELS..................my fave
b) EXPOSURE
c) SHADOW/HIGHLIGHTS
d) CURVES
e) CONTRAST .....................my fave

Once you are happy with your little BLACK n WHITE masterpiece........................select the layer you are working on then > SELECT ALL>EDIT>DEFINE BRUSH.

Your done.....................or you have been done.................hehehehehehehe............... .cos, now all you got is a big black splodge when you come to use your brush!
JUST KIDDING!..........................when you select your new brush from your brush pallette you will find a thing of beauty and be forever grateful to kylumi and want
to give him lot of praise and pleasure...............and buy him a present.........like a gold badge or a milkmans hat or something like that!

This is important ...............Brushes seemed to be used as some kind of rubber stamp by a lot of people............this should not be the case!
A brush can be used as elements of itself...........a bit here and a bit there etc. When you see these enormous brush pack ABR's "FORGET EM" they will eat up your hard drive if you become addicted and for most..........you will only ever use 6 or 7 of em as favourites!............And, if you want that something a little bit special ................MAKE IT YOURSELF!:D
High-Rez Brush Tutorial
High-Rez Brush Tutorial
High-Rez Brush Tutorial
High-Rez Brush Tutorial
High-Rez Brush Tutorial
High-Rez Brush Tutorial

separator Similar Threads
Thread Uploader Forum Replies

Grunginess Tutorial

df2k2 Tutorials 18

Paintshop Scanning Tutorial

MrHenryDog Tutorials 1